[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-744989 ] Memory leak in Snort 2.0!?

SourceForge.net noreply at ...12...
Thu May 29 05:31:06 EDT 2003

Bugs item #744989, was opened at 2003-05-28 09:16
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=744989&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I have a RedHat 9 machine running Snort 2.0 with
Mysql (installed using the tar.gz). We´re running 4
snort processes in a heavy loaded network. The
machine crashed after 1-2 days reporting "out of
memory".

I logged memory usage with vmstat and found a
memory leak somewhere. After a while of testing, I
definitely found that the snort process caused the
leak (stopping all snort processes no leak is
detected afer several hours of measuring, afetr
starting one process (/opt/snort/bin/snort -q -I -
D -c /opt/snort/etc/snort.conf -
l /opt/snort/log/ -i eth1) the leak occurs).

Is this a known bug for 2.0 (I found some entries
for 1.9). Is there a patch somewhere?

Peter

peter.grosse-hering at ...2004...