[Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-733102 ] 2.0.0-bug: config daemon

SourceForge.net noreply at ...12...
Fri May 16 05:04:11 EDT 2003

Bugs item #733102, was opened at 2003-05-06 08:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by elof
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=733102&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In my snort.conf I have specified:

config daemon

When I run 'snort -c /usr/sentor/etc/snort.conf -l /usr/sentor/log' it runs
in the foreground, ignoring the "config daemon" directive in snort.conf.
I have to execute 'snort -c /usr/sentor/etc/snort.conf -l /usr/sentor/log
-D' in order to daemonize the process.