[Snort-devel] Bug in snort v2.0.0 or in the manual - set_uid/set_gid

Martin Olsson elof at ...969...
Mon May 5 02:39:03 EDT 2003

The online manual states that there is a config option, "config set_gid:
<gid>", but when running snort in test-mode the following is logged:

  snort: FATAL ERROR: Unknown config directive: config set_gid 100

If I put the line "config foobar" in snort.conf, ofcourse I get an error
message: Unknown config directive: config foobar

but...

The manual does not state anything about the config option "set_uid". If I
try putting the line "config set_uid: 100" in my snort.conf, I do NOT get
an error message.

/Martin Olsson
Sentor AB, Sweden