[Snort-devel] More Postgres

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...337...
Sat Mar 29 10:48:02 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 18:46, Frank Knobbe wrote:
> While reading the doc/README.database file, I notice that it lists only
> the SELECT and INSERT privs to be assigned to the snort user. However,
> spo_database.c also does an UPDATE on the sensor table. That may need to
> be added to the docs.

Aaargh.... I posted to quickly. It appears that (at least on Postgresql
7.3.2) the snort user also need UPDATE privilege to all the _seq tables.
That means, ignore the diff I just posted :)

What do you think.... should the readme be changed to grant SELECT,
INSERT and UPDATE on all tables? Or should we figure this out on a
granular level?

Let me know and I'll dig in.
Frank