[Snort-devel] Aurora Linux success?

Walter B. Burke wbburke at ...1845...
Wed Mar 5 16:04:10 EST 2003

Has anyone had any success building/using Snort on Aurora Linux?  I'm no
stranger to Snort, Linux, or the SPARC platform, but this specific combo is
giving me a headache.

When I run snort after compilation, it throws Warnings at me about any
output plugin I attempt to define as being unknown.

After that, it exits a few seconds later with a Bus Error.

--snip--

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 1.9.1 (Build 231)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...402..., www.snort.org)

Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
DecodeTCP (pkt=0x14338a "À\223", len=40, p=0xeffff350) at decode.c:1861
1861            ph.sip = (u_int32_t)(p->iph->ip_src.s_addr);
(gdb)

--snip--

I can say that after watching this several times, it always stops in the
same place.  Any help?  Questions?  Beer?

Aurora Linux 1.0
Snort 1.9.1
Ultra 10

Thanks,