[Snort-devel] BNF Definitions

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Jun 2 06:30:06 EDT 2003

"Roy S. Rapoport" <snort-devel at ...2006...> writes:

> Is there something like this documented? Or should I reverse-engineer
> Snort source code?

Good luck writing a formal BNF for the snort rules language.  It's
going to have a boatload of special cases based off each preprocessor
keyword and

If you wish to try, I'll be happy to look at what you do.

things to think about

 - custom rule types
 - parser is distributed amongst all the files
 - each rule_opt potentially has its own grammar
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>