[Snort-devel] question about Function: SetPktProcessor()

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Jul 7 05:33:06 EDT 2003

dawnshade <h-k at ...2071...> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Stupid question: in snort.c Function: SetPktProcessor()
> Detect type datalink - right?
>
> I got following error when startting snort:
> snort:  /usr/local/bin/snort cannot handle data link type 104

What type of link layer are you trying to sniff?

> But tcpdump work well on this interface...
> Why???

Because people wrote more code for handling odd link types in tcpdump.

If you would take a 50 packet capture of what is happening on this
link and we'll try and code something up for you in the future.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.