[Snort-devel] Suggestion for unknown keywords

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri Jan 31 08:52:04 EST 2003

Russell Fulton <r.fulton at ...1343...> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 02:06, Chris Green wrote:
>> Russell Fulton <r.fulton at ...1343...> writes:
>>

>> > Would it help if volunteers checked new rules and resubmitted them for
>> > the stable rule set.  I'd be happy to help with that.
>>
>> Yes.  A snort-1.9 ruleset maintainer would be very useful that handles
>> backporting of new rules.
>
> What would be involved.  I'm happy to help but don't have a lot of time,
> I can manage a few hours a week.  I guess anything is better than
> nothing!

Watch sig updates for HEAD and backport them.  When it involves a
byte_jump or byte_test rule, either switch long content for specific
attack or say "this one is being skipped" and submit rules file diffs
for commit.

Once that path has been taken for a while and everything seems to be
going ok, you would be able to commit yourself.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures.