[Snort-devel] Re: Snort 2.0 build 45 core dump and fix

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri Jan 24 12:08:29 EST 2003

"Lawrence Reed" <Lawrence.Reed at ...1489...> writes:

>>That communication path needs to be cleaned up.
>>
> The reason I didn't do that is so that when the action from
> UpdateState is *_FLUSH_STREAM| DROP_SESSION the current packet gets
> put onto the stream before the flush happens ( form inside TcpAction).
> The FlushStream does call BuildPacket and therefore process the
> reassembled data.  Is this wrong?

Nope. That makes perfect sense.  Tis why I try to talk before fixing
these things :)

Otherwise, we're checking that we should flush before we store more
data.  I'll check these out in a bit.

Thanks
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures.