[Snort-devel] Segmentation fault 'config order'

Erek Adams erek at ...835...
Mon Jan 20 07:01:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, larc wrote:

> Using Snort Version 1.9.0 (Build 225)
>
> I get a segmentation fault when I put in the snort.conf file the config directive:
> config order
>
> cmd line: 'snort -T -c snort.conf'
> When I use the cmd line: 'snort -o -T -c snort.conf', the rule order works
>
> I think this is a small bug.

No, it's not.  You're not defining 'config order' fully.

It should be:

	config order:  pass info alert log activation dynamic

Or whatever order you prefer.

The reason that it works with the -o is that command line options override
whatever is in the .conf file.  -o is the same as having 'config order:
pass info alert log activation dynamic' in your .conf.

It's amazing what you can find in the snort-users list archives [0].  :)

-----
Erek Adams

[0]	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&w=2&r=1&s=config+order&q=b