[Snort-devel] Building 2.0 from source

Mon Jan 13 10:33:08 EST 2003

I believe there's a shell script in there to do all the autoconf stuff
for you (aclocal..... so on)

autojunk.sh

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Krabbenhoeft [mailto:tschenz-snort-devel at ...1606...]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 11:58 AM
To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-devel] Building 2.0 from source

Hi,

> How does one build the latest version of snort 2.0 from source
> code?

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-users&m=103731611830479&w=2 says:

# http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=snort-devel&m=103533915708209&w=2
#
# quote from Andrew Baker:
#
# > As long as we document that to build from CVS one will now need to
run:
# >
# >   aclocal
# >   autoheader
# >   automake
# >   autoconf
# >
# > before running ./configure, I am all for it.
#
# All binaries get called from "autojunk.sh" which ships with the cvs
# checkout. So just call autojunk.sh, or execute the 4 programs
manually.

Hope that helps,
	Jens