[Snort-devel] BUG : Databases output module

Mon Jan 13 07:21:06 EST 2003

Sounds more like a feature request to me.   What about those of us that need it to fail if it can't connect to the database?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sébastien Desse [mailto:sdesse at ...1777...]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 8:22 AM
To: snort-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-devel] BUG : Databases output module

Hi,

There is something i'd like to report as a bug.
I use Mysql output module to log into a remote mysql/ACID database.
Where starting snort, if the database server is not available, the program
exits.
I think it is because database output module exits if it is unable to
connect.

!! I think it should not make snort startup fail !!

I'd like to know if it is possible to make db output module report the error
and let snort startup continue ?
Can this output module retry to connect later or send error messages...

Regards,

Sebastien Desse