[Snort-devel] BUG : Databases output module

Sébastien Desse sdesse at ...1777...
Mon Jan 13 06:27:02 EST 2003

Hi,

There is something i'd like to report as a bug.
I use Mysql output module to log into a remote mysql/ACID database.
Where starting snort, if the database server is not available, the program
exits.
I think it is because database output module exits if it is unable to
connect.

!! I think it should not make snort startup fail !!

I'd like to know if it is possible to make db output module report the error
and let snort startup continue ?
Can this output module retry to connect later or send error messages...

Regards,

Sebastien Desse