[Snort-devel] Bug? when using -L switch for a binary file

Lars Nordin Lars.Nordin at ...1773...
Thu Jan 9 10:36:09 EST 2003

I'm using snort 1.9.0 as a tcp-logger. When reading tha man-pages
	-L binary-log-file
               Set  the filename of the binary log file to
binary-log-file.  If
               this switch is not used, the default name is a timestamp
for the
               time that the file is created plus "snort.log".

But I still get the timestamp! I would like to use logrotate to rotate
my logs, but with the timestamp it gets a ugly logrotate-script.

it's a easy fix with an flag in the spo_tcpdump_file.c, but have a
missed something?

/Lars