[Snort-devel] re: Snort 2.1.0 is now available!

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd+snort at ...2292...
Tue Dec 30 14:26:05 EST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:16:00 -0800
adam_peterson at ...2290... wrote:

> i'm having a heck of a time compiling snort 2.1.0 on solaris.  apparently
> stdint.h is required and i can't find it anywhere.  is anyone else having
> this problem or am i missing a basic library that i should have?

I believe that stdint.h is a header file from the C99 ISO C Standard. Are
you using the SUN compiler or GCC? Either way, I believe that the header
files are actually part of the OS install. I also thought that SUN was
making an effort to catch up to the C99 standards, so you might want to
check sunsolve.sun.com to see if there is a patch which includes stdint.h
for your version of Solaris.

The other possibility is to have autoconf check for stdint.h and supply
suitable default values for when it its missing.

Erik
[N] Erik de Castro Lopo, Senior Computer Engineer
[E] erik.de.castro.lopo at ...2292...
[W] http://www.sensorynetworks.com
[T] +61 2 83022726
[F] +61 2 94750316
[A] L4/140 William St, East Sydney NSW 2011, Australia