[Snort-devel] snort 2.1.0 compile problem... mor einfo

Frank Knobbe frank at ...2134...
Sun Dec 28 20:19:01 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 11:10, Chris Reid wrote:
> The easiest way to compile snort 2.1.0 under Windows is to use the
> "build_releases.bat" file which is found in src\win32\WIN32-Prj.  Edit the
> file before you run it, and make sure it calls the correct "vcvars32.bat".

Hey Chris,

no, that's not it. Using the batch file, it barfs on "strings.h not
found" errors. (I thought the standard file is string.h).

Using VC to compile it barfs on a lot of Unix specific errors (like
u_int32 not declared and such). That happens on Snort checked out of CVS
with -r SNORT_2_1.

Aha.... I just checked out HEAD, and it seems to compile without those
errors. Seems that the SNORT_2_1 tag points to bad versions :)
I'll run a complete build on 2.1-HEAD and let you know if there are more
issues. But there is still the problem with SNORT_2_0 (which may not be
a high priority anymore).

Cheers,
Frank