[Snort-devel] snort 2.1.0 compile problem

Chris Reid chris.reid at ...583...
Sun Dec 28 09:09:01 EST 2003

Robert and Frank,

The easiest way to compile snort 2.1.0 under Windows is to use the
"build_releases.bat" file which is found in src\win32\WIN32-Prj.  Edit the
file before you run it, and make sure it calls the correct "vcvars32.bat".
Cygwin is not required, nor is it referenced anywhere in the 2.1.0 snort.mak
/ snort.dsp files.  If you are seeing cygwin-related errors, I'd have to
speculate that it is an environmental issue on your development workstation.

As a side note, if you are experiencing compile issues with
build_releases.bat, open the snort.dsp project in Visual Studio, and select
the menu item Project --> Export Makefile.  This will regenerate "snort.mak"
to ensure it correctly reflects the configuration settings within snort.dsp.

Yesterday I noticed the "stdint.h" issue while compiling under OpenBSD.
Later today I'll commit some changes into the Head branch of snort which
will conditionally include stdint.h.

Chris Reid