[Snort-devel] Snort 2.1.0 + Solaris issues

Erek Adams erek at ...835...
Sun Dec 21 03:00:05 EST 2003

Ok, as a FYI for anyone who's having issues getting 2.1.0 to build on a
Solaris box:

To build it:

*  Grab the latest CVS version.
*  unpack it && cd <snort_dir>
*  sh ./autojunk
*  ./configure
*  make
--At this point you _may_ get a failure.  It would look something like
this:

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre -o snort  codes.o debug.o
decode.o log.o mstring.o parser.o plugbase.o snort.o snprintf.o strlcatu.o
strlcpyu.o tag.o ubi_BinTree.o ubi_SplayTree.o util.o detect.o signature.o
mempool.o sf_sdlist.o fpcreate.o fpdetect.o pcrm.o byte_extract.o
sfthreshold.o packet_time.o event_wrapper.o output-plugins/libspo.a
detection-plugins/libspd.a preprocessors/libspp.a
preprocessors/flow/portscan/libportscan.a
preprocessors/flow/int-snort/libintsnort.a preprocessors/flow/libflow.a
parser/libparser.a preprocessors/HttpInspect/libhttp_inspect.a
sfutil/libsfutil.a -lpcre -lpcap -lm -lsocket -lnsl
ld: elf error: file preprocessors/flow/int-snort/libintsnort.a:
elf_getarsym
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to snort
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

*  If you get the above failure, execute the following command:
	/usr/ccs/bin/ar -ts src/preprocessors/flow/int-snort/libintsnort.a

*  make
*  make install

Yes, I know it's ugly....  It's just a temporary thing until the next
revision is released.  I know there are a few Solaris geeks out there who
want to get it to run!

More to come later.

-----
Erek Adams