[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] snort 2.1.0 does not compile on FreeBSD 4.8

Jeremy Hewlett jh at ...402...
Fri Dec 19 08:48:05 EST 2003

On Fri, Dec 19, Bamm Visscher wrote:
> Okay, had to chance to look at things. From the man page for socket(2):
>
>   SYNOPSIS
>        #include <sys/types.h>
>        #include <sys/socket.h>
>
> So, if you:
>
> *** ipobj.c.orig        Wed Dec  3 09:22:23 2003
> --- ipobj.c     Fri Dec 19 09:40:44 2003

util_net.c has the same problem that ipobj.c does - need to add
sys/types.h

> To fix the stdint.h problems, you can try this patch:
> http://people.su.se/~andreaso/snort210-stdint.diff  I haven't had a
> chance to get to that yet, but if it works, let the rest of the
> world know too :)

Works so far for me, still poking at it however.

Thanks for the help! We'll be checking in fixes to the cvs trees
(SNORT_2_1 and CURRENT) later today to address these issues. I'll drop
a note to the lists when that happens.