[Snort-devel] Snort 2.1.0 is now available!
jh at ...402...
Thu Dec 18 09:50:45 EST 2003
Yes, it's true, it's finally here! We're proud to announce the release
of the new stable branch of snort, 2.1, and the first release, 2.1.0.
This release can be found at the usual place, http://www.snort.org.
Major 2.1 features include:
* A new connection tracking module, Flow (replaces conversation)
* A new portscan detector based off of Flow, Flow-Portscan (replaces
* A new http preprocessor, HttpInspect (replaces http_decode)
* Alert Thresholding and Suppression
* PCRE rule keyword (Perl Compat Regular Expressions)
* isdataat rule keyword (buffer length detection)
* A ton of new and updated rules.
This release also includes all the fixes from version 2.0.6.
The Snort manual has been updated to reflect v2.1 and address the many
suggestions from users. The manual is still a work in progress.
Many thanks to all those who have contributed to the Snort project,
this release wouldn't have been possible without you!
The Snort Team
More information about the Snort-devel