[Snort-devel] Snort crashing on high bandwidth system

Ian S. Nelson ian at ...2280...
Thu Dec 11 06:00:01 EST 2003

I'll create one this afternoon.  Thanks for the idea.

Ian

Jeremy Hewlett wrote:

>On Tue, Dec 09, Ian S. Nelson wrote:
>

>>   I've  got  a  snort  system  that is seg faulting regularly,  I had it
>>   running 2.0.1 and updated to 2.0.5, it still has the same problems.
>>   It seem that when the backdoor rules are enabled we segfault.
>>

>Try adding
>
>config detection: search-method ac
>
>to your config. You may be running into an issue with the wu-manber
>pattern matcher. Could you post a backtrace?

. . .
*Ian S. Nelson
Senior Software Engineer*
*StillSecure*

303-381-3813 Direct
303-381-3881 Fax

www.stillsecure.com <http://www.stillsecure.com>
/Reducing your risk has never been this easy./
. . .
/The information transmitted is intended only for the person
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Review or other use of this information by persons other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
from any computer. /