[Snort-devel] Snort crashing on high bandwidth system

Ian S. Nelson ian at ...2280...
Wed Dec 10 05:53:02 EST 2003

I've got a snort system that is seg faulting regularly,  I had it
running 2.0.1 and updated to 2.0.5, it still has the same problems.

It seem that when the backdoor rules are enabled we segfault.  I'm not
positive that removing them fixes the problem but it seems to stay up
for days without them and it craters with in an hour with them.
Sometimes within minutes.

Any ideas?  I'm going to start putting some dev tools on the box to try
and debug it, but it's a server ready for production.

thanks,
Ian

--

. . .
*Ian S. Nelson

303-381-3813 Direct
303-381-3881 Fax

www.stillsecure.com <http://www.stillsecure.com>
/Reducing your risk has never been this easy./
. . .
/The information transmitted is intended only for the person
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Review or other use of this information by persons other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
from any computer. /