[Snort-devel] Yet more data corruption in stream4/snort-2.0.5

Frank Knobbe frank at ...2134...
Sat Dec 6 12:17:01 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 16:22, Andrew Rucker Jones wrote:
> 	There is another data corruption ... deficiency ... in stream4 in snort
> 2.0.5. This one stems from the fact that snort does not handle TCP
> window scaling.

Andrew,

I've been running your patches in a test bed for a while. It seem like
they are broken since snort got pretty blind on the TCP side of things.
Naturally, UDP and ICMP based alerts remained, but I noticed Snort
snoozing through Nimda and other web related scans.

What have others experienced?

Regards,
Frank