[Snort-devel] 2.1 CVS and Solaris 9

Erek Adams erek at ...835...
Thu Dec 4 02:49:05 EST 2003

2.1 CVS fails to compile on a fairly stock Solaris 9 install.  First off
it needs the pcre libs, no biggie there.  Secondly, Solaris doesn't have
<stdint.h>--It's got <sys/int_types.h> instead.  It seems that ./configure
is missing that fact.

  [erek at ...2279...]/local/build/cvs/snort>find . -type f -exec grep -il
  "<stdint.h>" {} \;
  ./src/event_wrapper.h
  ./src/preprocessors/flow/flow.h
  ./src/preprocessors/flow/flow_stat.h
  ./src/preprocessors/flow/portscan/flowps.h
  ./src/sfutil/util_net.h
  ./src/win32/WIN32-Includes/config.h
  ./src/win32/WIN32-Includes/rpc/auth.h
  ./src/win32/WIN32-Includes/rpc/types.h
  ./config.h.in
  ./autom4te.cache/output.0
  ./autom4te.cache/traces.0
  ./configure
  ./config.log
  ./config.h

Lastly, it seems that inet_aton isn't there.  I think it's renamed to
inet_addr.  From the inet_addr man page:

[...snip...]

     The  inet_addr() and inet_network() routines interpret char-
     acter  strings  representing  numbers  expressed in the IPv4
     standard `.' notation, returning numbers suitable for use as
     IPv4  addresses  and IPv4 network numbers, respectively. The
     routine inet_makeaddr() takes an IPv4 network number  and  a
     local  network  address  and constructs an IPv4 address from
     it. The routines inet_netof() and inet_lnaof()  break  apart
     IPv4  host addresses, returning the network number and local
     network address part, respectively.

     The inet_ntoa() routine  returns a pointer to  a  string  in
     the base 256 notation  d.d.d.d. See INTERNET ADDRESSES.

It's late/early or whatever you want to call it, and my brain isn't
working well enough to do much more.

Let me know if you need more info and/or testing.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams