[Snort-devel] Problem in developing a preprocessor

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Apr 28 06:44:13 EDT 2003

abhishek nigam <anigam at ...1956...> writes:

> Hi,
> I have gone through the SNORT source code and I saw that it uses a large
> number of external shared variables between different modules.
> Actually I am writing a preprocessor for SNORT and what I found was that
> the value of p(Packet variable) changes on its own in the middle of the
> program.

> In particular p->iph->ip_src changed.

Can you please formulate this into a formal bug report and show where
this is happening.  If it's a small bit of code in a preprocessor,
please post that code ;)

>  Going through the source code of SNORT I thought that it basically
> runs one thread per interface.

and that it only allows one thead.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>