[Snort-devel] Bug in ByteTest() function / byte_test keyword on little endian systems?

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Thu Apr 24 07:44:11 EDT 2003

"Jason V. Miller" <jmiller at ...417...> writes:

> Chris,
>
> Thanks for your quick response. What's the word on stuff like this getting fixed
> in Snort 2.0 with some sort of interim release? Is byte_test (etc) officially
> supported, or is it some sort of beta keyword?

It's officially supported.  It will be fixed with the release of
2.0.1. I do not have a time frame for that but we'll discuss it.

> Also, going from memory, I'm pretty sure that the same bug exists in the code
> for 4-byte conversions. Hrm. Actually, looking at the code (unless I've screwed
> my local copy), it looks to be as though the bug for 4-byte conversions is
> present for big endian systems only.

I will normalize out all the calls tonight and test tommorrow.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>