[Snort-devel] Snort 2.0 Segmentation Fault

Juan Manzano manzano_juan at ...445...
Wed Apr 23 06:36:59 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have been experiencing a Segmentation Fault error with Snort 2.0. The error seems to happen when some rule is triggered and Snort tries to record the event in the defined output plugin. Also, I tried using various output plugins like mysql and csv, but there was no change. If I comment all rules in the snort.conf file, the error doesn't appear. My Snort is running on a AlphaServer 4100, Red Hat Linux 7.2 for Alpha, Kernel 2.4.9-32.5smp. I'll appreciate very much if you can help me in this matter.

Thanks,

Juan