[Snort-devel] Snort 2.0 on OpenBSD 3.3 Errors Out Post-Init (bug?)

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Apr 21 06:26:30 EDT 2003

"James Webb" <jtwebb at ...1932...> writes:

> Snort Developers,
>
> I haven't been able to locate a mailinglist posting or other info on
> the web regarding certain errors(below)..so I am submitting problem for
> evaluating as potential bug.
>
> I have posted query to misc at ...76... to see if anyone else has been
> able to use snort v2 on openbsd 3.3 without seeing these issues, and no
> response as of yet.  Please disregard and accept my apologies for the
> spam if this is known config issue.

# config detection: search-method lowmem

Uncomment that line in your snort.conf

You're running snort on a "skinny" box or your ulimits are too low.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Let not the sands of time get in your lunch.