[Snort-devel] writing rules for snort 1.6

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Tue Apr 15 05:56:13 EDT 2003

"Liuhy" <solar_liu at ...1915...> writes:

> In the .tgz file of snort 1.9 and 2.0, I can find the "snort users
> manual" that introduce how to write rules for snort. But I cann't
> find it in the version of 1.6, And I know that there are some
> changes in every version of snort. how can i get it for snort v1.6?

There's one for 1.7

http://www.hugme.org/freebsd/random/olddocs/network_ids/snort/writing_snort_rules.htm

1.3.1

http://packetstormsecurity.nl/papers/IDS/snort_rules.htm

Unless you are running an IDS museum, you really should use 2.0.0.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>