[Snort-devel] Windows NT Snort 2.0.0rc4 Build

Chris Reid Chris.Reid at ...585...
Sun Apr 13 21:25:07 EDT 2003

Michael,

Just as a point of clarification, the installer configuration script is
actually already checked into CVS.  It can be found in the src/win/Win32-Prj
directory, and uses the NSIS build system from the Winamp developers.  See
the docs in the Win32-Prj/*.nsi file for details.

On this past Thursday the snort 2.0 source code in CVS was updated to rc5
(Win32), and a snort installation executable for Windows will likely be put
onto the snort.org website within the next few days.  But if you're itching
to try the most recent executable before then, you can download it from our
website:

    http://www.codecraftconsultants.com/

I'd be interested to hear if the error you're encountering still remains
after W2k3 finally ships its official release.  When/if you get a chance to
test this in the future, please let us know.

Chris Reid