[Snort-devel] [ snort-Support Requests-615720 ] error logging when tring to start snort

noreply at ...12... noreply at ...12...
Sat Sep 28 10:33:02 EDT 2002

Support Requests item #615720, was opened at 2002-09-27 22:43
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=203357&aid=615720&group_id=3357

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have Snort 1.8.7 installed on a Win 2000
professional with mysql 3.23.52  When I try to run
Snort I get the following error after snort goes
through the startup process it finds the mysql
database and tables but I get the following error

Initializing Preprocessors!
Initializing Plug-ins!
Initializating Output Plugins!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++
Initializing rule chains...
database: compiled support for ( mysql odbc )
database: configured to use mysql
database:          user = xxxxx
database: database name = xxxxxx
database:          host = x.x.x.x
database:   sensor name = SNORT:\Device\Packet_
{FC2112F4-F87F-4FF1-A472-EB8E3715C0C1}

database:     sensor id = 1
database: schema version = 105
database: using the "log" facility
1239 Snort rules read...
1239 Option Chains linked into 117 Chain Headers
0 Dynamic rules

Rule application order: ->activation->dynamic-
>alert->pass->log
[!] ERROR: Can not get write access to logging
directory "log".
(directory doesn't exist or permissions are set
incorrectly
or it is not a directory at all)

Fatal Error, Quitting..