[Snort-devel] Re: Snort delivered with HenWen 1.2 may not be Airport compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.1

Mike and Lynn Card thehouseofcards at ...512...
Wed Sep 25 05:36:01 EDT 2002

Hey Nick-

I deselected "Promiscuous" mode as you suggested and that fixed the
problem. Sorry to bother you or the list, but this really had the look
& feel of an OS lib change that HenWen/Snort needed to "catch up" with.
I have an iMac that is connected to the Airport base station's Ethernet
LAN port, and the iMac is running the exact same OS and the same
version of HenWen/Snort.

For some reason, when I put the iMac to sleep, its Ethernet connection
will recover after a second or two even if HenWen/Snort is in
promiscuous mode. IE will initially be unable to load a Web page, but
you can see the connection recover and then everything is OK. It's
weird as I would have expected an Airport connection to behave exactly
like an Ethernet connection as far as this kind of thing goes.

Anyway, thanks very much for your help!

- Mike