[Snort-devel] Snort delivered with HenWen 1.2 may not be Airport compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.1

Mike and Lynn Card thehouseofcards at ...512...
Tue Sep 24 19:23:03 EDT 2002

Hey everybody-

I just wanted to inform you all that tonight I finally got to the root
of a problem I have been having under Mac OS X 10.2.1. It turns out
that if the Snort NIDS that is shipped with HenWen 1.2 is running, an
Airport (802.11b) connection will not wake up properly from sleep. The
only thing that will restore the connection is to (a) restart the
computer or (b) stop the NIDS.

I have no idea why this is so, I have been using HenWen (and thus
Snort) under Mac OS X 10.1.x for some time with no problem.

The problem here may be in the HenWen software rather than Snort
itself, but I figured I would notify both the Snort community and the
HenWen author Nick Zitzman (URL is http://dreamless.home.attbi.com/,
e-mail is dreamless at ...1522...).

- Mike