[Snort-devel] Compliance to C (ISO 9899)?

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Wed Sep 18 08:07:02 EDT 2002

"Andreas Borchert" <borchert at ...1577...> writes:

> Dear developers of snort,
>
> I wonder if there is any interest to get the sources of snort in
> compliance to the standard for C (ISO 9899). Current practice in the
> sources of snort is the unconditional inclusion of a large set of specific
> gcc features. Examples are the use of __inline__ and expressions with
> embedded blocks:

Once we branch 1.9 off, we can spend some time cleaning up code but
I'd be very hestitant to do anything at this very moment.

The Makefile.am crap is horrible as Makefile.am's go as well.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
"I'm beginning to think that my router may be confused."