[Snort-devel] Hi !! I'm new to the list.

Ashish Rawal ashishrawal at ...1567...
Fri Sep 13 13:51:05 EDT 2002

Hello everybody ,

I'm glad to join the list. I am a freelancer developing a customised front-end to Snort. I have just started and have gone thru most of the documentation available on the site.

My problem is that I cannot make out how I can add or modify the Snort rule set over a remote connection to the machine having Snort installed and working. I would be thankful if some of u wise people cud please give me a small 10-15 line sample code in C++ demonstrating how a rule cud be added/deleted/modified. Just a small snipet wud. If u can add a little description, it wud a bonus :))

Have a nice day.

Regards
Ashish.