[Snort-devel] about spade

James Hoagland hoagland at ...60...
Fri Sep 13 11:04:02 EDT 2002

At 3:31 PM +0800 9/13/02, ÀîºìÑà wrote:
>hi everyone,
>i appreciate your help,i am a student,i am studying on NIDS,I need
>the develpment document of SPADE,maybe someone of you can send me.

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.  If you want to
understand the concept behind Spade you can read the paper "Practical
Automated Detection of Stealthy Portscans", available here:

   http://www.silicondefense.com/research/pubs.htm

If you are looking for user documentation, it is included in Snort
and also available here:

   http://www.silicondefense.com/software/spice/

I hope this helps you out.  If you have questions not answered in
these documents, let me know.

Best regards,

   Jim
--
|*      Jim Hoagland, Associate Researcher, Silicon Defense      *|
|*            --- Silicon Defense: IDS Solutions ---             *|