[Snort-devel] Snort and barnyard anomalies.

John D. lists at ...1653...
Thu Oct 31 15:15:02 EST 2002

Is there anyone on this list familiar enough to help me find out how BarnYard uses the code in snort's "log.c" module.   I'm doing some interesting experiments by doing just a little more then logging when I get a snort event.  But for some reason,   that piece of code that calls my routines,  are not getting called.

Is it my understanding that Barnyard does it's OWN logging,  and in no way uses the "log.c" in the Snort release?

Can someone shed some light on this?   Or refer me to any other existing written information I can consult?

John