[Snort-devel] Objections to removing configure/Makefile.ins from HEAD

Andrew R. Baker andrewb at ...835...
Wed Oct 30 08:16:07 EST 2002

James Hoagland wrote:
> Will a user need automake installed to build from the source distribution?

If Chris does what I think he is planning, the automake and friends will
only be needed for building from CVS.  When a release source tgz is
created, it will already contain all of the files created by automake
and friends.  How the CVS snapshots will work, I do not know, but they
will probably require that the user have automake and friends installed.

So, in summary, from CVS, yes.  From the release source tgz on
snort.org, no.

-A