[Snort-devel] snort-1.9.0 is leaking memory

Chris Green cmg at ...835...
Fri Oct 25 08:01:02 EDT 2002

phil at ...1642... writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been watching the repeated reports of memory leakage,
> and the denials that it is happening.
>
> I'm sorry, it just cannot be that snort can grow to a size
> of 15Mb overnight unless it is leaking... there just cannot
> possibly be anything that it does that really requires that
> kind of memory usage!!
>
> I will let it keep running and see if it flattens out, but
> it's not looking good right now.

How much traffic do you see?  The default memcaps for stream4 is 8meg
and frag2 is 4 meg + the ruleset loaded...
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.