[Snort-devel] Latest cvs updates

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Thu Oct 10 07:06:06 EDT 2002

"Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl at ...1167...> writes:

> I noticed the massive amount of changes, coupled with a change in build
> number to '1'.   Anyone care to enlighten those of us who chose to test
> this baby out as to what all the wonderous new features are?... My guess
> from the cvs log... Performance increase, change to output stuffs...

The 90' overview is in the ChangeLog

The other change is that most of the Mike Fisk's setwise
implementation has been replaced with Sourcefire's.  Replaced is a
loose term because the detection engine the entry into the detection
engine quite a bit different.

http://www.snort.org/docs/Snort_20_v2.pdf is the summary.

The nitpicky changes are things like FatalError has been normalized a
small bit and exit codes have been unified for 0/1

The user's manual will be updated soon. Patience :)
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
A good pun is its own reword.