[Snort-devel] Portscan2 suggestion

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Mon Oct 7 11:33:03 EDT 2002

"Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl at ...1167...> writes:

> Where is GID?  Was speaking more towards being able to show all matches
> for a specific signature by matching for the unique sig_id created.

gen-msg.map

The (generator,snort id,rev) are the unique identifier for an alert.

> Secrets? In an open source community..... Your communist leaders (RMS)
> may come and take you away.

There's secrets and there's finishing a thought to the point where
it's a good idea to work on and feasable.  I've worked on this project
long enough to realize that not every neat idea gets implemented but
neat ideas that have been talked about end up a year later "hey I
thought this was going to be in x.x.x"....
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Eschew obfuscation.