Fw: RE: [Snort-devel] Win32 v1.9 incorrect on snort.org web site

Rich Adamson radamson at ...442...
Fri Oct 4 13:31:04 EDT 2002

10-4-02
Chris,
Note the stuff below. I now have v1.9 running fine on a Win2k box. The
cosmetics for reporting version data is wrong except for the "-V" option.
Also, InstallShield has been told to always install snort at "c:\snort".
You should remove the "c:" part of the definition so that InstallShield
will use whatever the user's default happens to be at install time.
Example: I use a triple-boot Dell laptop with ME, Win2k and Linux. If I'm
installing snort on the Win2k system, the default drive is the "E:", but
snort wants to install into "c:\snort" which is actually my ME system.
No biggy.

If I right-click on "snort-1.9.0-win32.exe", select properties, then Version,
and click on Product Version, it reports 1.8.7 for the version number. Not
sure where that is set, but in Visual Basic it is defined in the project
properties before compiling.

For what it's worth, Win32 v1.9 is working fine with IDScenter v1.09beta2
and spewing Syslog alerts with the "-s 127.0.0.1" option.

Rich