[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] Win32 v1.9 incorrect on snort.org web site

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri Oct 4 09:29:02 EDT 2002

Rich Adamson <radamson at ...442...> writes:

> Win32 Snort...
>
> I downloaded Snort-1.9.0-Win32.exe from www.snort.org/dl/binaries/1.9.0/ only
> to find the executable contained within the download is Snort v1.8.7
> The snort.org web site dated the download as "Oct 3 21:03:04 2002 GMT".
> Several of the *.rules files have dates that indicate this download is
> current, but the snort.exe is not.

Hrm, let me try a clean install when I get home.  It's possible that I
have severely botched packaging of it.  What version did you select
when you installed?

There is a free packaging solution that they use for dia that I will
migrate win32 versions of snort too by nullsoft in the coming days.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.