[Snort-devel] Snort error ...

Wilson Aitan wilson at ...1699...
Fri Nov 29 08:34:02 EST 2002

I just follow configuration from snort installation manual provide by Steven
J. Scott and to start it must use like below.

/usr/local/bin/snort -U -d -D -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

But can't work :(

Now after I just use /usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf its work.
Thanks. But I can't configure that from Webmin cause Webmin still have
message :

Snort does not appear to be running
(If you know Snort is running, check the PID file setting in the module
configuration)

and in ACID still have nothing appear :(

Or do you guys know the link (tools) for easy configure my Snort ?

Thanks All. :)

---