[Snort-devel] Snort error ...

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Fri Nov 29 07:59:01 EST 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Wilson Aitan wrote:

> Anybody know how to solve my problem below ? I already check mailing list
> around (Google), but cannot find that.

*BZZZZZZZTTTTTT*

Wrong answer.

Try putting your error message in quotes in google [0].  It's amazing what
you can find...  :)

The short answer is you don't have a config file.  You can specify one
with the '-c /path/to/snort.conf' or you can have it one of the default
locations.

	/etc/snort.conf
	$HOMEDIR/snort.conf
	$HOMEDIR/.snortrc
	./snort.conf
	./.snortrc

Either specify the file with -c or use one of the default names.

Cheers!  (Oh, and 1 penalty drink [1].  ;-)

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net