[Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-users] SNORT Reporting Tool ........ ???????

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Mon Nov 11 06:28:10 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Atul Shrivastava wrote:

[...snip...]

There are quite a few tools that you could use.  There is a perl script in
the /contrib directory that you can call from cron to send a nightly email
to whomever you chooose.

> Also one more query that how can we configure so that some of the
> specified alerts (let say that incorrect telnet login, or something
> else)  are directly mailied to a specified mail account throuch some
> mail server. We have our own mail server, so can now it be possible that
> we create a mail account on our mail server and then we configure the
> linux machine such that when a specified alert is generated then
> immediately it is mailed to that account. This I think is a easy way to
> handle higher priority alerts because the administrtor is not always be
> able to see the ACID alert console, but he may be able to see his/her
> mails regularly.  So please think over it and give me reply.  Thanks in
> advance.

FAQ Reading time [0].

Short answer, Snort can't.  Something else can.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy