[Snort-devel] A smaller Snprt?

Erek Adams erek at ...105...
Wed May 29 00:59:02 EDT 2002

Ok, in an effort to build out a compact and 'tiny' package of snort, I've come
up with some questions:

	1)  If I'm not using a plugin, and I _don't_ want to compile it in,
what is the 'developer suggested' way that I remove it from the binary?
	2)  'stripping' the binary should produce no ill effects, correct?
	3)  Any other suggestions on shrinking the size of the snort binary
and associated files?
	4)  Other than bug hunting/tracking, would shrinking/stripping of the
binary be a bad thing?

Thoughts and ideas accepted, flames >> /dev/null.  :)

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy
TheAdamsFamily.Net