[Snort-devel] The performance of Splay Tree and HASH

Chris Green cmg at ...402...
Fri May 24 04:06:04 EDT 2002

<tanminger at ...1390...> writes:

>   The testing environment:
>     CPU: P4 1.6G
>     MEM: 256M DDR
>     OS : Red Hat Linux 7.3  kernel 2.4.18
>
>   Do 10,000,000 find, insert and remove operations, with only one node.
> Using Splay Tree cost 2.017 seconds, and using HASH cost 1.224 seconds.

Which Splay Tree? What type of Hash table?  What hash function?  What
size hash table? What size splay tree?  What Node structure?

I like hearing other data structures people use but there are so many
possible variants out there that tests have to be reproduceable.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...402...>