[Snort-devel] SNMP traps in devel

Rob Hughes rob at ...825...
Thu May 23 19:42:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 15:42, Chris Green wrote:
> Rob Hughes <rob at ...825...> writes:
> >
> > I've tried rm'ing the entire tree many times thinking the same thing. I
> > always get the same failure though. The cvs script I use is the same one
> > from the sf page.
>
> try running
> make distclean
> aclocal; autoconf; automake; autoheader
>
> And see if it clears up for you
>

> > So, progress. But this one looks like either a bug in the FBSD source or
> > and incompatibility.
> >

> Well, it does compile on Linux, OpenBSD, and Mac OS X for sure on a
> nearly daily basis with the right amount of autoconf munging. I'm
> pretty sure that it will work on FreeBSD though I don't know how well
> the libnet stuff is keeping up with bitrot at the moment.
> --

Same results. Dies trying to build spp_http_decode. Just out of
curiosity, do you get

configure.in:3: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
m4_bpatsubst
configure.in:760: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or
m4_bregexp
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `config.h.in' is unchanged

when running aclocal; autoconf; automake; autoheader on any of those
systems?

Thanks,
Rob