[Snort-devel] The performance of Splay Tree and HASH

tanminger at ...1390... tanminger at ...1390...
Thu May 23 19:29:01 EDT 2002

  I have made a simple testing, and found the performance of HASH is more
faster than Splay Tree, even if there is only one node in the Splay Tree
and HASH.

  I check the source of Splay Tree, comparing the root node in Splay Tree
need several function calls, it cost more CPU cycle than calculate the
hash key.

  Using HASH maybe cause the DoS attack by sending special packets, but
can we using the HASH function based some random number?

----- Peking University Alumni Email System,  http://mail.pku.edu ----